Indie Boots brings independent theatre, film, and music to audiences through annual festivals, special events, and curated programs.
Spring 2013 Call For Entries - CLOSED
Due to the number of submissions, we are only able to notify writers if their scripts are selected.
Future calls for entry will be announced here.
We make submitting accessible to playwrights working on any budget. We do not charge submission fees, our submission process can be completed online or via mail, and we do not require specific formatting.
Deadline: April 1, 2013
- No entry fee / Free to submit. No entry form.
- All plays must use the word "Rebecca" in the title of the piece ("Rebecca's Room," "When Rebecca Fell," etc.)
- Plays of any length with a running time of 15 minutes or less will be considered.
- All plays must be world premieres.
- All genres welcome. Plays featuring underrepresented characters (women, LGBTQ characters, etc) and comedies, highly encouraged.
- Submit via email or mail. PDF or DOC files preferred.
- Any formatting.
- Any country of origin. Dialogue may be in any language, as long as it is accessible to a primarily English-speaking audience.
- Plays must require less than 10 actors.
- Writers may submit more than one script.
- Once submitted, scripts cannot be withdrawn.
- No sexist, homophobic, racist, classist, or gratuitously violent scripts.
- Confidential semi-finalists will be passed along to Chicago-based directors. Each script chosen by a director becomes a finalist. Writers will be notified via email if their script is chosen as a finalist. Finalists will be performed multiple times by the director's team of actors as part of a theatre festival in Chicago, IL in the spring. Audience voting will determine the winning play. No monetary compensation for finalists or winners.
Please include the following information with your submission:
- Play Title:
- Approximate Running Time:
- Public Name:
- Email (internal use only):
- Phone (internal use only):
- Address (internal use only):
- Short Synopsis:
- Website/Vimeo/Youtube/Facebook/Twitter/Etc (optional):
- How did you hear about Indie Boots (optional): Website/Publication ____________, Word of Mouth, Other ____________
By submitting your script, you agree that you have the legal right to enter your script in Indie Boots Theatre Festival. Once submitted, scripts may not be withdrawn. If your script is selected for performance, you will be notified via email. We retain the right to deny any script.
Email (PDF or DOC preferred):
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Please type "Rebecca: Playwright Name" in the subject line. If needed, alternate email: email@example.com)
- You will receive a confirmation email (usually within 48 hrs). Since technology can sometimes fail us, if you do not hear from us, please email your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail (Indie Boots is not responsible for postage or customs fees.):
P.O. Box 577948
Chicago, IL 60657