Indie Boots brings independent film, theatre, and music to audiences through annual festivals, special events and curated programs.
We show independent films that are a little unruly, films with different perspectives on whose stories are worth telling, what's funny, and how the world works. We show films that are micro-budget, or queer, or about activists, or women, or people of color, or deal with class, or disability, or the environment, or gender, or living outside the mainstream, or, well, you get the idea.
And a lot of the films are funny, too!
P.O. Box 577948
Chicago, IL 60657
2013 Call For Entries - CLOSED
Due to the number of submissions, we are only able to notify filmmakers if their films are selected for the festival. All films not selected for the annual festival are kept on file and filmmakers may be invited to participate in future events.
2014 submissions will open this later summer.
We make submitting accessible to filmmakers working on any budget. We do not charge submission fees, our submission process can be done online or via mail, and we do not require expensive formats for projection.
Early Deadline: September 1, 2012
Regular Deadline: February 1, 2013
Late Deadline: March 1, 2013
- No entry fee / Free to submit
- No entry form
- Submit via email or mail
- Any genre (narrative, documentary, music video, experimental, comedy, drama, etc)
- Any shooting format
- Any country of origin or language (English subtitles are appreciated)
- This year we are are unlikely to show films over 20 minutes (Shorter films are especially encouraged)
- Filmmakers may submit more than one film.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- Once submitted, films cannot be withdrawn.
- No sexist, homophobic, racist, classist, or gratuitously violent films. No animals should be harmed in the making of the film.
- An Audience Award will be presented!
- During the last stage of programming, when deciding between two films, a Chicago premiere will be given a slight advantage if ALL other factors are the same. Films not viewable to the public online will also be given a slight advantage if ALL other factors are the same (however, the 2012 Audience Award winner was not a premiere and was viewable online, so all submissions are welcome since many many other factors are taken into consideration).
Please include the following information with your submission:
- Film Title:
- Running Time:
- Director Name:
- Contact Name (internal use only):
- Contact Email (internal use only):
- Contact Phone (internal use only):
- Contact Address (internal use only):
- Short Synopsis:
- Previous and upcoming Chicago screenings:
- Is your film publicly viewable online:
- Website/Vimeo/Youtube/Facebook/Twitter/Etc (optional):
- How did you hear about Indie Boots (optional): Website/Publication ____________, Word of Mouth, Other ____________
By submitting your film/video, you agree that you have obtained all necessary rights and clearances, and that you have the legal right to publicly screen and enter your film in Indie Boots Film Festival. If your film is selected you will be notified via email and must supply a playable DVD by April 1st. We retain the right to deny any film/video.
Email (Links only. No downloads or files. We recommend a password-protected vimeo link.):
- email@example.com (Please type "Submission: FILM TITLE" in the subject line. If needed, alternate email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- You will receive a confirmation email from us (usually within 48 hrs). Since technology can sometimes fail us, if you do not hear from us, please email your submission to: email@example.com
Mail (Playable DVDs only. Indie Boots is not responsible for postage or customs fees.):
P.O. Box 577948
Chicago, IL 60657